Roadside Site of 1 Acre with Workshops, Yard, Office and Showroom. Adjoining Dwelling also Available
- Prominent location on A3124 and B3217
- Commercial site of 0.85 acre
- Workshops of circa 4,774 sq.ft (444 sq.m) plus offices and showroom
- Forecourt for car parking / vehicle display
- Fenced rear yard and hard standing
- Potential residential redevelopment subject to planning, provisional scheme for 10 houses drawn up
- Adjoining bungalow available by separate negotiation
- Available due to relocation
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Canopy, 3 underground tanks, customer car parking
463 sq.ft (43 sq.m) Single fronted shop unit equally suitable as office / showroom
Located over two floors, providing 958 sq.ft (89 sq.m)
GIA 1,780 sq.ft 165 sq.m) Concertina door to front, sliding door to rear, inspection pit
2,994 sq.ft (278 sq.m) Insulated roof and elevations, 4 bay workshop with 4 roller shutters doors
Occupying a site of approximately 1 acre there is car parking / vehicle display to the front of the site with concrete / hard standing to the rear for further car parking or external storage dependent on new owners requirements.
RESIDENTIAL DWELLING - AVAILABLE BY SEPARATE NEGOTIATION
Fitted kitchen, tiled floor, extractor fan, down lighters, single drainer sink unit
Hallway with radiator heating, boiler cupboard
Carpet, gas fire, radiator heating
Dual aspect, radiator heating
3 piece bathroom with shower over bath, low level w.c., wash hand basin
On a plot of 0.20 acres, there is a garden area to the front of the property whilst the majority of the gardens are to the rear which are predominantly laid to lawn as well as there being a vegetable patch and many established shrubs and trees.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject site is located on the junction of the A3124 and B3217 and benefits from a prominent roadside trading location with considerable daily traffic movements. Winkleigh is located 4 miles south while Barnstaple is located 15 miles north.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Occupying a site of approximately 0.85 acres the premises is currently operated as a petrol forecourt and shop with workshops of circa 4,774 sq.ft (444 sq.m) as well as extensive yard space, which is part concreted and part hard standing. Having considerable road frontage there is car parking / vehicle display space to the front of the site. The original workshop provide 2 vehicle access points whilst the modern workshop adjoining has 4 roller shutter access doors and benefits from insulated profiled steel cladding. The current petrol sales shop could be utilised as showroom or office space whilst there is further office space at first floor level.
Adjoining the site is a detached 3 bedroomed bungalow, on its on site of 0.20 acres, which has front and rear gardens. The dwelling has rendered elevations, a pitched tiled roof, double glazing and central heating. This is available by separate negotiation if desired.
Given the total site size of 1.15 acres it is thought the site has potential for a housing redevelopment scheme subject to planning permission. A provisional scheme for 10 houses has been drafted, plans of which are available from the selling agents.
Our clients are invited offers for the Freehold interest.
The current petrol forecourt and shop operation could be continued should new owners desire.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £21,765 Rates Payable: £10,491 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may be eligible for rates relief and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.