Profitable Vehicle Repair and Servicing Business - Roadside Trading Location
- Situated on main arterial road into Bideford Town, close to Quayside and Morrison Supermarket
- Workshop of 1,668 sq.ft (155 sq.m)
- Highly consistent and profitable trade
- Same ownership for the past 16 years, for sale due to pending retirement
- Low cost base business with 100% small business rates relief and £500 per month rental
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
53`1 x 31`5 (16.15m x 9.55 m) 1,668 sq.ft (155 sq.m) Double doors to front, concrete floor, 1 x 2 post ramp, 1 x 4 post ramp, assorted mechanical and repair equipment, office, toilet facilities and kitchen.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated on Charles Avenue which fronts Kingsley Road, being the main arterial road into Bideford. There are a variety of office, retail and industrial users in the immediate vicinity including Morrisons Supermarket as well as Bideford Quay with the Town Centre being a level walk from the premises.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being an open span workshop of 1,668 sq.ft (155 sq.m) fitted as a garage premises with 1 x 2 post ramp and 1 x 4 post ramp. There are a variety of workbenches within the workshop as well as their being an office, toilet and kitchen. Further specification includes Three phase electricity, insulated roof (replaced 16 years ago), strip lighting, metered water and electric. There is on road paring to the front of the property (1 hour) with our client also having a business parking permit at an annual figure of £40.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest with a new lease term.
Having been owner occupied by our client for the past 16 years, the business is for sale due to his pending retirement. Operating as a traditional garage, trade is derived from vehicle servicing and repairs with a highly consistent and profitable trade undertaken. Turnover for the past couple years has been approximately £100,000, with net profits between £40,000 and £47,000. No additional mechanical staff are employed in the operation of the business.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £4,350 Rates Payable: £2,088 based on uniformed business rate of 48.0p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries.