Former Public House Close to Quayside with Self Contained Owners Accommodation and Garden
- Former Public House and Restaurant close to Quayside
- Lounge bar and separate restaurant with covers for circa 50
- Enclosed beer / tea garden, covers for circa 70
- Suitable for a wide variety of trading styles / uses such as public house, tea room, cafe, gallery, restaurant etc
- Self contained 3 bedroomed accommodation above, suitable for owners use or holiday letting
- Much structural work undertaken
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
32`7 x 16`0 (9.95 m x 4.85 m) Central entrance door and storm porch
26`6 x 9`3 (8.05 m x 2.80 m) It is estimated that the lounge bar and restaurant will be able to provide covers for approximately 50
Designated area for extraction canopy and flue
PREPERATION / POTENTIAL TAKE-AWAY AREA
Self contained entrance from One End Street or internal entrance to staircase to:-
KITCHEN / DINER
Having been extended to create further floor space
Provision for 3 piece shower room, auto Velux window
Two roof spaces, each accessed via staircases, potential for further accommodation subject to planning permission
Patio accessed from the restaurant with steps leading to enclosed gravelled beer / tea garden with potential covers for approximately 70.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
This historic fishing village has a very healthy tourist trade, thanks to its rows of colourful fishermen’s cottages, popular annual Book Festival, and enviable coastal position on the Taw-Torridge estuary. However, it also has a strong resident community that makes good use of the village’s good-quality shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Being also only 1 mile from the larger village of Northam, 2 miles from the family beach and resort at Westward Ho!, and 2 miles from the larger town of Bideford, people in the area tend to move freely between these locations (aided by a regular bus route), which is of benefit to any businesses based here. North Devon’s commercial centre of Barnstaple is also nearby (11 miles).
The property is located on Market Street, which runs parallel to The Quay. There are mixed residential and commercial operators in the immediate vicinity including Galleries, Tea Rooms, Restaurants and Public Houses with the Post Office close by on the Quay.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The premises would have formerly been two or three Quayside Cottages and was most recently operated as a Grade II Listed Public House and restaurant. The double fronted premises has been reconfigured to provide lounge bar, separate restaurant and commercial kitchen at ground floor as well as there being a beer garden and patio to the rear which could be incorporated as further trading areas if desired. Much structural work has been undertaken to reconfigure the premises including the creation of a new entrance and staircase to self contain the 3 bedroomed accommodation above, which could be utilised for owners use or holiday rental income. Works have been undertaken under planning application number 1/0740/2017/FUL, with building control inspections undertaken by Torridge District Council. Further works undertaken include first fix electrical wiring, fire and intruder alarm installation and separate electrical supply to residential parts. Works are required to complete the building but new owners can undertake these to suit their own requirements / trading style.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest. It should be noted that the sale of the property will attract VAT, at the prevailing rate. Interested parties may wish to seek accountancy advice as how the VAT may be reclaimed.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.