Town Centre Former Hairdressers and Beauty Premises
- Currently configured as a ground floor hairdressers salon with first floor beauty rooms
- Previously configured as reception, cutting room with 4 stations, 2 wash stations and showers
- 2 first floor beauty rooms, kitchen and toilet facilities
- Situated adjacent to Green Lanes Shopping Centre car park and entrance
- Suitable for alternative uses such as chiropractor, treatment space, offices etc
- Eligible for 100% small business rates relief
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Hallway entrance with tiled floor and timber wainscoting
RECEPTION AND CUTTING ROOM
19`10 x 19`10 (6.05m x 6.05m) Window frontage, tiled floor, intruder alarm, timber wainscoting, adjoining cutting room with window frontage, tiled floor, timber wainscoting, space for 4 cutting stations
2 x back wash basins and showers, tiled floor, timber wainscoting
15`0 x 13`0 (4.55m x 3.95m) Velux window
Landing with carpet
TREATMENT ROOM 1
15`2 x 15`1 (4.60m x 4.60m) Laminate flooring
TREATMENT ROOM 2
10`1 x 9`9 (3.05m x 2.95m)
Eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, vinyl flooring
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property is situated directly opposite the rear access and car parking to the Green Lanes Shopping Centre on Boutport Street. The property therefore provides good access to the town centre and related services. Transportation links are further increased by the two bus stops close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof with a double window display and entrance door at ground floor. The premises are currently configured as a reception area, cutting room with space for 4 cutting stations, wash room with 2 back wash basins and showers, colour room. The first floor provides 2 beauty rooms, kitchen and toilet facilities. It is thought the premises are easily adaptable to suit other uses.
The premises are available by way of a new lease.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £6,300 Rates Payable: £3,037 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is Grade II Listed, as such an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.