Grade II Listed Former Church and Site of 0.13 Acres
- Site area of 0.13 acres with Grade II listed disused church on site
- Church with foot print of 2,139 sq.ft (199 sq.m) plus first floor gallery and crypt
- Edge of Town location close to Bus Station and level walk to Town Centre
- Situated within predominantly residential area
- Subject to planning proposals considered
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Side access to crypt area sub divided into several chambers
Steps to main entrance leading to main congregation hall of 2,139 sq.ft (199 sq.m) with gallery over
Within the walled surrounds of the property is a small garden area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property is on the corner of Higher Church Street and Summerland Street, which is predominantly a residential area and is close to a wide variety of amenities including Barnstaple Bus Station, Belle Meadow Car Park as well as only being a short walk from the town centre and the river front.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The Grade II listed former Catholic Church has a congregation hall that extends to approximately 2,139 sq.ft with a first floor gallery and a crypt underneath the congregation hall. In total the site size is approximately 0.13 acres.
The Church has remained unused since a new church facility was constructed on the neighbouring site. A repairs and restoration cost plan was commissioned in 2015 for the disused property. The repair schedule and a condition survey are available for inspection from the Selling Agents.
The local planning authority are in principle supportive to appropriate proposals for the restoration and conversion of the building. Interested parties will need to qualify their planning intentions for the property and should make planning enquiries of North Devon District Council, Tel: 01271 388288.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest, with subject to planning proposals considered. Alternatively Leasehold proposals will also be considered.
If applicable, at the prevailing rate