Town Centre Fitted Restaurant Premises with Trading Space over Two Floors
- Ground floor covers for 12 with rear commercial kitchen
- First floor dining rooms for an additional 38 covers
- Converted 11 years specifically for restaurant trade
- Within restaurant quarter of the Town close to High Street, The Strand and The Square
- Suitable for a wide variety of catering styles
- Eligible for 100% small business rates relief
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
23`4 x 10`10 (7.10m x 3.30m) Window frontage, tiled floor, electric heating, oak topped tables and chairs providing covers for 12, spot lighting, counter servery, 1 x upright wine fridge, 1 x bottle fridge, 1 x counter top wine fridge, glasses, optics, intruder and fire alarm, electric heating
Non slip flooring, extractor system, commercial dish washer, 2 x commercial grade sinks, 2 x commercial counter top fryers, 1 x commercial 6 ring stove and oven, wash hand basin, Bain Marie and plate warmer, microwave, 2 x stainless steel preparation benches, gas interlock. Adjoining dry store with 1 x commercial fish fridge, 1 x upright commercial freezer, 1 x upright commercial fridge, various pots, pans, plates, utensils, equipment, door to small outside yard
Landing area with Karndean flooring, radiator heating
22`5 x 17`9 6.85m x 5.40m) Oak topped tables, chairs, covers for 14, Karndean flooring, dumbwaiter lift, double glazing, bar servery, optics, glassware, 1 x bottle fridge, double chiller, 1 x double coffee machine, coffee grinder and knock out box, adjoining liquor store with glass washer, radiator heating
Low level w.c, wash hand basin, tiled walls
20`2 x 12`0 (6.15m x 3.65m) Currently used for storage but previously set for 24 covers, Velux window, Karndean flooring, radiator heating
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The subject property is located within Maiden Street adjacent to the High Street, The Strand and The Square with a number of other leisure / restaurant users close-by it is an area in the Town well known for good quality restaurants.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a two storey premises under a pitched slate roof, the premises were converted by our clients in 2011 specifically for restaurant / catering use, which they operated themselves for a number of years. There is a 12 cover restaurant area at ground floor level with a rear commercial kitchen and dumbwaiter to first floor which offers 2 dining areas and an additional 38 covers. Specification of the premises includes Karndean flooring, fire system, central heating, toilets at ground and first floor level, bar servery as well as well fitted dining areas and commercial kitchen.
The premises are available by way of a new lease, with a 3 month rent deposit and rent payment monthly in advance. The trade inventory is to be purchased at £15,000 or potentially leased.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment to be purchased at £15,000 or potentially lease.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
The incoming Tenant to cover the Landlords reasonable legal fees in the creation of the lease.