Prime Fish and Chip Restaurant / Take-Away Trading only 8.5 Months a Year with Famous Riverside Location
- Restaurant with covers for 40, patio garden for a further 60
- First fish and chip establishment from main car and coach parks
- Majority of commercial kitchen equipment purchased during clients ownership
- Riverside trading location
- Traded between March and October, noon – 7.30pm
- Operated by husband and wife team since 2006 with pool of staff
- Highly desirable Exmoor village location
- Assorted awards in recent years
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
RESTAURANT / TAKE AWAY
39`3 x 20`3 (11.95 m x 6.15 m) Table and chair seating for circa 40, back ground music system, false ceiling with recessed strip lighters, uplighters, tiled floor, CCTV system, counter servery, soft drinks dispenser, drinks cabinet. Preston Thomas 3 pan fryer, 2 x small fryers, extractor hood, twin Lincat deep fat fryer, fish fridge, stainless steel wash hand basin, Bain Marie, wine chiller, till, coffee machine. There is a separate doorway and servery for take-away trade and ice creams.
Additional cooking range 6 hob, plate warmer, 2 x ovens and grill, wash hand basin, stainless steel sink unit with spray system, water boiler, milk chiller, tiled floor and walls, commercial dish washer, chiller gantry, stainless steel preparation bench, Lincat grill, 3 door chiller fridge, oil filtration system, microwave, commercial fridge, combi microwave, fridge / freezer, microwave oven, Buffalo hot plate
ADJOINING PREPARATION AREA
Water tank, washing machine, tumble dryer and potato store. Tradespersons entrance onto Lynmouth Street.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Lynton and Lynmouth have a static population of 1,658, but benefit from the considerable holiday trade in the area. The regional centre of Barnstaple is approximately 20 miles. Access to the M5 via Junction 27 at Tiverton is approx. 30 miles distant. Lynmouth village is linked with its sister town of Lynton by a unique cantilever cliff side water powered railway. The area in known by some as the Little Switzerland of England as the glacially former ‘V’ shaped valleys with fast flowing rivers fall quickly from the moors as spate rivers which converge at Watersmeet and flow into the harbour at Lynmouth directly outside the subject property.
The subject property is within the main core of this unique Exmoor village, heavily visited throughout the summer months and also popular by walkers and sightseers at the shoulders of the season. The main car and coach parks are within Watersmeet Road with the subject property being the one of the first properties visitors reach when walking down into the village, indeed it is the first fish and chip establishment they reach. Other occupiers in the immediate vicinity include a variety of mixed retail and leisure operators.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a ground floor restaurant / take away unit, with patio garden providing further seating and a focal point to attract customers. The property fronts Riverside Road with return frontage and signage facing up the road. In total the premises has covers for 100, with 60 covers in the riverside patio garden and 40 within the main restaurant, which also has a separate counter servery for take away trade and ice creams. Much of the commercial kitchen equipment has been replaced by the current owners within recent years. The business has received a number of awards in recent years including a Frymax Gold Standard, Good Eating Guide award, 5 star food hygiene rating, Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence as well having been featured in a number of publications.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest.
Being an assignment of an 8 year (renewable) lease, with approximately 3 years remaining at a current rent of £18,545 per annum.
Having traded as a fish and chip restaurant / take away for many years, the business is currently operated by the same husband and wife team since 2006 with their son and a pool of part time staff dependent on the time of year. As well as traditional fish and chip fayre, there are a number of “specials” that are offered which help to increase individual spend in the establishment and the gross profit. Our clients choose to trade 8 months of the year, from March – October, with trading hours being noon – 7.30 pm, between 5.30pm - 7.30pm take-away only. It is thought new owners could extend the hours and / or trading period if desired. The business enjoys a meaningful turnover and a good profit margin with further accountancy information available after inspection. Our clients are prepared to provide training to new owners, if desired, once contracts have been exchanged.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a detailed inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment. The majority of the commercial kitchen equipment has been replaced by our clients.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The premises is a Listed Building as such no Energy Performance Certificate is required.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.