0.92 Acre Brownfield Site with Planning Consent Pending for Residential Development
- 0.92 acre brownfield site
- Currently configured as warehousing, garages and car parking with pending planning application for 26 residential units
- Application consisting of 20 houses (3 bedroomed) and 6 apartments (1 bedroomed)
- Close to Town's Pannier Market and High Street
- Former Appledore Shipyard training facility
Extending to approximately 0.92 acres, the site has been utilised for a wide variety of commercial uses, most recently as carpentry and wood workshop, although in the past it was utilised by Appledore Shipbuilders for training purposes. On site at present is a workshop of circa 9,300 sq.ft (864 sq.m) plus additional stores and garages. There is a central road through the site, part concrete part tarmacadam, which leads to the rear as well as the lower tier of the land.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The site is situated within Honestone Street, close to the Town's Pannier Market and Town Centre. The site is surrounded by a wide variety of residential property.
Offers invited for the Freehold interest, subject to the approval of the current planning application for 26 residential units, comprising of 20 x three bedroomed three storey town houses with car parking and gardens, and 6 x one bedroomed apartments within a three storey block. Plans are available from the Selling Agents. It should be noted that an income is currently derived from the letting of a small parcel of land on the site to a national mobile phone operator for a telecoms mast. Alternatively the clients will consider commercial rental proposals for the entire site.
Outline application for the demolition of existing industrial buildings, change of use of industrial estate and erection of 26 dwellings with all matters reserved (amended description and plans) - Application number 1/0397/2019/OUTM.
Interested parties may wish to discuss alternative planning potential with the Local Authority who are Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford, North Devon, EX39 2QG, Tel: (01237) 428700.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.