0.92 Acre Brownfield Site with Residential Development Potential
- 0.92 acre brownfield site
- Currently configured as warehouse, garages and car parking
- Close to Town's Pannier Market and High Street
- Former Appledore Shipyard training facility
Extending to approximately 0.92 acres, the site has been utilised for a wide variety of commercial uses, most recently as carpentry and wood workshop, although in the past it was utilised by Appledore Shipbuilders for training purposes. On site at present is a workshop of circa 9,300 sq.ft (864 sq.m) plus additional stores and garages. There is a central road through the site, part concrete part tarmacadam, which leads to the rear as well as the lower tier of the land.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The site is situated within Honestone Street, close to the Town's Pannier Market and Town Centre. The site is surrounded by a wide variety of residential property.
Offers invited for the Freehold interest, either unconditionally or conditionally such as subject to achieving planning permission. At present the site produces an income of circa £7,000 per annum from the rental of 2 car parking spaces, 3 garages and a small area of land where Vodafone have a telecoms mast. Full vacant possession can be offered upon completion if desired.
Interested parties may wish to discuss potential redevelopment of the site with the Local Authority who are Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford, North Devon, EX39 2QG, Tel: (01237) 428700.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.