Stylish and Contemporary Office Accommodation Over Three Floors
- Warehouse style conversion of historic building
- Awarding winning office design
- Feature glazed atrium being the focal point of all three floors
- Net internal area 1,339 sq.ft (124 sq.m) plus kitchen and toilet facilities
- Specification including double glazing, central heating, privacy screens, reception and display area, meeting room
- Eligible for 100% small business rates relief
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
28`6 x 17`5 (8.70m x 5.30m) (max) Open plan to stairwell / atrium with space for reception / display or waiting area, wood flooring, radiator heating, stationary cupboard, incorporating:-
Double glazing, radiator heating, CAT2 lighting, glass block internal wall
6'0 x 7'10 (2.1m x 2.38m) Fitted units with stainless steel single drainer sink, boiler
1 x DDA friendly toilet with low level w.c. and basin
1 x standard cubicle with low level w.c. and basin
Contemporary open tread warehouse style staircase to:-
Open plan OFFICE SUITE
22`0 x 19`5 (6.70m x 5.90m) Double glazing, CAT2 lighting, wood flooring, beamed ceiling, radiator heating, 'pull down' privacy screens, open plan to full height stairwell / atrium
Rear store area with fire exit
Open plan OFFICE SUITE
22`1 x 21`10 (6.75m x 6.65m) Double glazing, 2 x Velux roof lights, CAT2 lighting, radiator heating, open plan to main stairwell / atrium, fire exit door
Side passage, potential for bicycle storage
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property is situated in an edge of town location adjacent to the Belle Meadow public car park, Town Square and the main bus station. The High Street is just a short walk away with its comprehensive range of shopping and recreational facilities.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Originally part of the Brannam Pottery, the building was converted in 2001 to provide stylish and contemporary office premises. The main elevations are a mixture of rendered random stone and brick facings, along with double glazed curtain walling at ground, first and second floors. It is this curtain walling that creates the atrium within the premises with the accommodation arranged over three floors. The ground floor comprises reception / display area, meeting room, kitchen, toilets with the first and second floors being open plan office space overlooking the three storey atrium.
The premises are made available by way of a new lease with short and long term propositions considered upon merit.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £11,500 Rates Payable: £5,520, based on uniformed business rate of 48.0p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs.
We understand VAT is chargeable, at the prevailing rate.