2 Acre Commercial Site with Planning Permission for Workshop, Depot and Yard
- 2 acre site with extensive road frontage on busy A386
- Overlooking Little America and River Torridge
- Corner plot location with 411 ft (125 m) road frontage
- Current planning consent for workshop and depot of 16,898 sq.ft (1,570 sq.m) plus yard space
- Suitable for many commercial uses, subject to planning permission
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
Located on the edge of Bideford at Little America, along the A386 Bideford to Torrington road, the site benefits from extensive road frontage and views over the River Torridge.
Extending to approximately 2 acres, the site is currently overgrown but has planning consent for the ‘Erection of builders contractors depot comprising storage areas, vehicles services bays, workshop, petrol pumps, offices, septic tank, cat and lorry parking facilities’, under planning application number 1/0806/1984. Although the decision date is the 31st January 1985, previous owners installed main waters and a septic tank subsequently to implement the consent. The consent always for main car park, lorry parking, fenced compound and workshop / depot of 16,898 sq.ft (1,570 sq.m). Interested parties are recommended to speak to Torridge District Council to satisfy themselves on the implementation of the consent as the above cannot be relied upon as consent. There is a stream boundary to one side of the land.
Our clients are inviting offers for Freehold interest. Copy consent and plans are available from the selling agents.
Interested parties may wish to discuss alternative uses for the site with the Local Authority who are Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford, North Devon, EX39 2QG, Tel: (01237) 428700.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.