Cafe and Tea Garden with Multiple Awards and #1 Trip Advisor Rating
- Village centre location within this Harbourside Exmoor Village
- Close to car parking and River Lyn
- Cafe with covers for 18 and a further 18 within tea garden
- Trading daytime only 10.30am - 4pm, 7 days summer, 5 days winter, scope for longer hours
- Currently operated by partnership venture with 2 part time members of staff during main season
- Gold hospitality award, best scone award, best café Devon (Devon Food and Drink awards), #1 Trip Advisor rating
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
31`4 x 12`7 (9.55m x 3.85m) Wood flooring, tables and chair seating for 18, servery counter, saladette, double fridge unit, 2 x roller grill ovens, pie warmer, 2 x microwaves, commercial dishwasher, coffee machine, water boiler, hot water heater, stainless steel wash hand basin, stainless steel single drainer sink. Toilet with low level w.c., wash hand basin. 2 x doors to tea garden
Fenced patio tea garden with table and chair seating for 18 covers.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
The subject property is within the main core of this unique Exmoor village, heavily visited throughout the summer months and also popular by walkers and sightseers at the shoulders of the season. The main car and coach parks are within the adjoining Watersmeet Road with the subject property being the one of the first properties visitors reach when walking down into the village. Other occupiers in the immediate vicinity include a variety of mixed retail and leisure operators.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The well presented ground floor cafe premises offers 18 covers inside with 2 doorways to the tea garden providing additional seating for a further 18. Internally there is a servery counter fitted with a variety of catering equipment including coffee machine, fridges, freezer, dishwasher, roller grill ovens and chilled saladette counter top. There is also a ground floor customer toilet.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of their business and an assignment of the existing 21 year renewable lease. The rent is currently £12,600 per annum.
The business has been operated by our partnership clients for 6 years with the additional assistance of 2 part time members of staff during the main season. Current opening hours are 10.30am-4pm main season 7 days per week, 10.30am-3.30pm 5 days per week out of season with 6 weeks close down from early January. As well as having a #1 Trip Advisor rating for Lynmouth the business has also won a number of awards including best scone, best café Devon (Devon Food and Drink awards) and a Gold hospitality award. The business offers a manageable menu of hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes, light lunches, snacks, specials etc with an ethos of homemade and local. The latest turnover figure is expected to show £92,000 with the previous full trading year showing £78,000, more accountancy information upon request.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.