Exmoor Village Centre Tea Room / Cafe with Self Contained 2/3 Bedroomed Owners Maisonette
- Prominent trading location close to Cliff Railway and opposite main village car park
- Refurbished cafe / tea room but equally suited to evening operation
- Covers for 28 plus additional 8 al fresco covers
- 2/3 bedroomed self contained owners maisonette over three floors
- Rent for entire premises £7,200 per annum
- Early inspection highly recommended due to expected interest
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
CAFE / TEA ROOM
35`10 x 18`4 max (10.90m x 5.60m) Double glazed single frontage and entrance door, wood panelling, feature lighting, covers for 28, laminate floor, rear servery / Barista area with eye and base units, worktop, double coffee machine, under counter fridge
Cloakroom with store cupboard (water tank), separate toilet with low level w.c. and wash hand basin
Non slip flooring, 6 burner oven, 4 hob electric oven, microwave, eye level grill, wash hand basin, double sink unit, double deep fat fryer, Panini toaster, wash hand basin, dish washer, toaster
Lower ground floor with street level access and steps down. Suitable for storage / workshop, full head height.
LOUNGE / DINING ROOM
17`1 x 13`10 (5.20m x 4.20m) Carpet, electric heating, separate street level entrance
Landing with carpet, double glazing, electric heating
13`1 x 10`6 (4.00m x 3.20m) Carpet
21`2 max x 13`0 (6.45m x 3.95m) Double glazing, carpet
3 piece bathroom with electric shower over bath, part tiled walls
17`11 x 11`7 (5.45m x 3.55m) Velux window, carpet, electric heating, eaves storage
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
The subject property commands an elevated position on the eastern part of the town opposite the main municipal car / coach park and the local village primary school, as well as being close to the famous Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway. There are a wide variety of other commercial operators in the immediate vicinity including retail, office and leisure operators.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being arranged on three principal floors as well as a lower ground floor cellar / workshop. The refurbished ground floor comprises a 28 cover cafe / tea room with external seating for a further 8 covers. A new double glazed window frontage and entrance door has been fitted in the past couple years. To the rear of the cafe is a server area as well as a commercial kitchen. The self contained owners maisonette is located over three floors with ground floor lounge, 2 bedrooms and bathroom at first floor level and the third bedroom on the second floor. The property is of traditional solid stone construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof. There is an undercover area to the side which could be used for the parking of a small vehicle, or alternatively season tickets are available in the car park opposite.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of the business and an assignment of the existing renewable 36 year lease (dated December 1999), at a current rent of £7,200 per annum.
The business is operated by our clients as a cafe / tea room, undertaking daytime trade only, 6 days per week in season and 5 days per week out of season. Main lines include hot and cold drinks, snacks, brunches, light lunches, breakfasts, cakes, cream teas, sandwiches etc, although there is scope to increase trade particularly for evening restaurant trade. Having been operated as a partnership the business does not employ any staffing. Further business figures available upon request.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The premises is sold with the benefit of a premises licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.