Contemporary Daytime Cafe and Evening Bistro within Popular Coastal Village
- Prominent trading location on the Village Square of this popular coastal village
- Double fronted premises providing covers for circa 31
- High quality fit out and trade inventory
- Undertaking daytime and evening trade 5 days per week, 7 days during the summer holidays
- Excellent Trip Advisor reviews
- Rare opportunity for catering establishment in Braunton Village
- Currently claiming 100% small business rates relief
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
31`2 x 13`10 (9.50 m x 4.20 m) Double fronted unit, tiled floor entrance, counter / bar servery installed January 2018, fresh orange juice machine, stainless steel single drainer sink, glass washer, 3 drinks chillers, liquor display, till, coffee machine, coffee grinder, background music system, covers for 6-8, archway to:-
Seating area with table and chair / bench seating for circa 17 covers, feature wall paper, under floor heating, oak flooring, archway to:-
Further seating area providing an additional 8 covers, under stairs store with CCTV system, fire and intruder alarm systems
Non slip flooring, 2 x under counter 3 compartment fridges, 6 ring gas burner oven, chargrill, extractor system, 2 x fryers, eye level grill, stainless steel wash hand basin, 6 slice toaster, freezer, double contact grill, gas interlock
PREPARATION / WASH AREA
2 x stainless steel sink units, 2 x chest freezers, dish washer, ice machine, upright fridge
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, tiled walls, non slip floor. Refurnished 2021
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, tiled walls, non slip floor. Refurbished 2021
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Braunton is a popular place to live, work and visit, and as such has a lively atmosphere all year round. Though it has a distinct village atmosphere and strong community, its permanent population of around 8,000 helps support a variety of quality restaurants, pubs and shops. Braunton’s own natural beauty and proximity to North Devon’s beaches and countryside makes it popular with tourists too: Saunton (2 miles), Croyde (4 miles), Woolacombe (5 miles), Ilfracombe (7 miles) and Exmoor (7 miles) are nearby, as is North Devon’s commercial centre of Barnstaple (5 miles), and all are reachable by bus. The current Local Plan allows for around 400 new dwellings in the area, along with serviced employment land, key community infrastructure and improved traffic management.
The property is prominently situated in Caen Street on the Village Square regarded as the retail core of Braunton. The area has assorted commercial operators in the immediate vicinity. Given its location the business is able to take advantage of passing trade.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a double fronted premises which comprises of a refurbished cafe / restaurant offering covers for approximately 31 with a counter servery at the entrance and an adjoining commercial kitchen. Much attention has been paid to be decoration and fit out of the premises including feature wall papers, furnishings and oak flooring with under floor heating.
Our clients are inviting offers for the leasehold interest of the business and an assignment of the existing lease 10 year lease from July 2019, at a current rent of £20,000 per annum. It should be noted there is a rent deposit held by the Landlords.
At One enjoys a busy trading location ideal for taking advantage of passing trade as well as the business having a good local following. Offering well presented surroundings, the business consistently receives excellent Trip Advisor reviews such as ‘fantastic restaurant’, ‘friendly staff’, ‘great food great service’ to mention a couple. At present the business is operated 10am - 3pm 5 days per week and 5.30pm - close, with 7 day opening during the summer holidays. Opening hours can be adjusted to suit new owners whether operating as a daytime cafe, evening venue or both. Day to day operation is undertaken front of house by the owner or a family member with an employed chef in the kitchen, a KP and waiting staff for both daytime and evening. The business is for sale due to family commitments.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.