Beachside Cafe Just Metres from Slipway and Pebble Ridge
- First `eat in` establishment leading from Slipway and Beach
- Currently operating as daytime cafe but suitable for a wide variety of catering styles including evening trade
- Suitable for covers up to 52 including 2 outside tables
- Take-away and `eat in' trade, with considerable seasonal uplift
- Rear commercial kitchen
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
CAFE / RESTAURANT
30`10 max x 27`6 max (9.40m x 8.40m) Single fronted cafe / restaurant premises with double door entrance, dual aspect with views to slipway and beach, set for 32 covers but suitable for an additional 20, chilled serve over counter, till, worktop, double coffee machine, coffee percolator, hot water heater, ice cream freezer, drinks chiller, vinyl flooring, milkshake maker, side table
Non slip flooring, strip lighting, 5 burner gas oven, double deep fat fryer, dishwasher, 2 x microwaves, Hobart mixer, 4 compartment chiller gantry, 2 x freezers, 1 x fridge, extractor system, stainless steel preparation benches, Bain Marie, hot plate, hot cupboard, boiler, double sink and double drainer unit, 2 x contact grills, stainless steel wash hand basin, hot water heater
Ladies / disabled toilet with low level w.c., wash hand basin, changing table
Gents toilet with low level w.c. and wash hand basin
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
This well-known seaside village welcomes a steady stream of visitors every year, thanks to its wide expanse of sandy beach, attractions and events. It has a strong resident community that makes use of the village’s shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants, and the Local Plan allows for business development and the building of around 1,000 new homes. Being also only 1 mile from the larger village of Northam, 2 miles from the pretty fishing village of Appledore, and 2 miles from the larger town of Bideford, people tend to move freely between these locations (linked by a regular bus route), which is of benefit to any businesses based here. North Devon’s commercial centre of Barnstaple is also nearby (11 miles).
The premises are situated on Westbourne Terrace which leads to the Slipway and Beach, with the cafe being the first eatery from the Beach that you are able to eat in.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a single fronted ground floor lock up cafe premises providing covers for up to 52, including 4 covers outside. The cafe is serviced by a well equipped commercially fitted kitchen.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of the business and an assignment of the existing renewable 5 year lease, at a current rent of £13,500 per annum.
The business operates as a traditional cafe with main lines including hot and cold drinks, snacks, light lunches, breakfasts, cakes, cream teas, sandwiches etc, although there is scope to increase trade. Current opening hours are 9am - 5pm summer and 9am - 3pm winter, with evening trade and restaurant potential. Having been operated by a partnership for 3 years part time staff are also employed, 2 during low season and up to 14 during high season. Further business figures available upon request.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated £1,000 - £2,000.
The premises is not currently licenced.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.