Town Centre Cafe Bistro Premises with Courtyard Seating and Function Room - Suitable for a Wide Variety of Trading Styles
- Contemporary fit out and decoration
- Feature conservatory providing light and open surroundings
- Ground floor covers for 46 plus walled garden seating for 20
- First floor function / private dining suite for 30 covers
- Well known trading location
- Scope for daytime or evening operation
- Eligible for full business rates relief
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Double fronted entrance porch leading to main Cafe Bistro area
33`10 x 14`8 (10.30 m x 4.45 m) Covers for circa 22, part tiled, part flagstone floor, background music speakers, air conditioning, radiator heating, window frontage with blinds, balcony with covers for 12 over looking walled courtyard garden under a pitched glazed roof providing significant natural light. Open kitchen off main restaurant:-
Under counter freezer (Black), wall units, dual commercial sink with drainer, combi oven (Hobart), dual fryer (Lincat), 6 burner range with gas oven (Lincat), griddle (Lincat), salamander grill (Lincat), 2 microwaves (Sharp), 2 microwaves (Samsung), chiller unit 3 door with stainless top (Caraveli), stainless steel table, chest freezer, chiller unit with 5 doors and stainless steel top (Caraveli), under counter freezer (Hotpoint), upright fridge, extraction system.
With bar servery, triple chillers, ice machine, glass washer, wine and spirits display, rear servery worktop, till, tiled floor, leading to:-
15`3 x 14`7 (4.65 m x 4.45 m) Cardene flooring, feature wall paper, covers for 12, radiator heating, fire place alcove with exposed stonework, store cupboard and doors to walled garden
There is a walled courtyard garden offering alfresco dining for circa 20 covers, this is accessed from the rear seating area as well as the balcony.
2 x urinals, vinyl floor, tiled walls, low level w.c., wash hand basin
Vinyl floor, low level w.c, wash hand basin, tiled walls
With low level w.c, tiled floor and walls, baby changing facilities, hand rails, radiator heating, wash hand basin
CLEANING CUPBOARD / STORE
4 x children's booster seats
KP / WASH UP AREA
2 x freezers, non slip floor, staff lockers, washing machine, tumble dryer, stainless steel single drainer sink unit, dish washer
FIRST FLOOR – feature open tread staircase with LED lighting
PRIVATE DINING ROOM / FUNCTION SUITE
Cardene flooring, covers for circa 30, inset gas fire within alcove, window seating, spot lighting, bar servery, chiller fridge, mirrored drinks display, till, music amplifier, double door drinks chiller
Recently installed CCTV system and 7 cameras
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated within the town centre on the pedestrianised parade known as Mill Street which connects Bridgeland Street and the town's High Street. Mill Street has undergone considerable investment of recent including a mixed residential and commercial development scheme close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a lock up Cafe Bistro premises which provides contemporary, light and relaxed surroundings with 2 ground floor trading areas offering covers for approximately 46 as well as first floor function suite suitable for meetings, private dining etc, accommodating an additional 30. Much of the focal point for the front trading space is taken with the conservatory dining area which adjoins the wall garden courtyard offering alfresco dining for a further 20 covers. The fitted commercial kitchen adjoins the main Cafe Bistro offering an open plan layout. To the rear of the premises are toilets, including disabled toilet with baby changing facilities, as well as KP / wash up room.
The premises are available by way of a new lease at a rent of Year 1 £18,000 pa, Year 2 £19,000 pa, Year 3 £20,000 pa, Year 4 £20,000 pa, Year 5 £20,000 pa.
Having previously been operated as a daytime cafe and evening bistro the premises is suitable for a wide variety of catering uses.
The property is sold with a detailed inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is let with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £9,600 Rates Payable: £4,608 based on uniformed business rate of 48.0p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.