Town Centre Butchers with 70 Years of Established Trade plus Online Shop
- Prominent corner return frontage location, close to Town High Street
- Fitted shop unit with walk in chillers, preparation area, upstairs storage and staff rest area
- 70 years of established trade
- Successful online shop for deliveries and click & collect, www.withecombe.co.uk
- 1,700 online customers and growing, 2 refrigerated delivery vans
- Available Freehold or Leasehold
- Freehold includes self contained 1 bedroom flat, currently let
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
32`2 x 25`3 (9.80m x 7.70m) Dual entrance doors, tiled floor, plastic clad walls, chilled serve counter, meat slicer, open chiller, chest freezer, 3 x butchers blocks, 2 x scales, stainless steel wash hand basin, vacuum packer, wash hand basin, click and collect printer, 2 x walk in chillers
Burger press, stainless steel preparation bench, walk in chiller, vacuum packer
Stainless steel single drainer sink, 5 hob gas oven, vacuum packer, mincer, meat slicer, scales, boiler
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The unit is situated close to the junction of the High Street and Joy Street. Being a pedestrianised thoroughfare, Joy Street connects to both the town's High Street and Boutport Street. There are an assortment of mixed retail, office and leisure users within close proximity including TSB Bank, Clinton Cards, Costa, JD Sports as well as Banbury’s Department Store. The entrance to both Green Lanes Shopping Centre and its Multi Storey car park are also close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of two storey construction with a return fronted shop premises at ground floor level and a self contained 1 bedroomed flat at first floor level (currently let, with Tenant having been in occupation for 17 years). The main shop area extends to 812 sq.ft (75 sq.m) with tiled floor, plastic clad walls as well as an extensive array of butchery fixtures and fittings. Further commercial parts include a walk in chillers and preparation area with first floor storage and staff rest area. The self contained first floor flat consists of fitted kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and a lounge diner with fronts the corner of the property giving it a dual aspect.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest for the entire building (with the benefit of the existing flat tenancy currently £6,500 per annum), alternatively Leasehold proposals are invited which would include the creation of a lease for the commercial parts.
Having been operating in the Town for 70 years the business has an established following of walk in customers as well as having a successful and expanding on line shop for delivery or click and collect, with 1,700 customers and growing. Currently the retail side of the business operates 5 days per week 9am - 1pm (2 days), 9am - 2pm (1 day), 9am - 3pm (2 days), with online orders being undertaken 6 days per week. The online delivers are undertaken by 2 refrigerated delivery vehicles, with the route calculated by the system which can be linked to a computer or mobile phone. The business has approximately 1,700 online customers, many of whom as subscribed to receive promotional offers. The owner has retired from the business with staffing currently 1 x manager, 4 x full time butchers, 1 x part time butcher, 2 delivery drivers, 1 x online order picker. The business has a substantial turnover of approximately £1million. Further financial particulars can be provided to serious purchasers subject to a non-disclosure agreement. Website and shop www.withecombe.co.uk.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, with 2 refrigerated delivery vans available if desired.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.