Riverside B&B with Views Over the River Lyn From All Letting and Reception Rooms
- Direct views over River Lyn
- 5/6 bedrooms, 5 en-suite, lounge, kitchen and dining / breakfast room
- Car parking for 3 vehicles
- Terraced rear gardens overlooking Lynmouth village, harbour and Lynmouth Bay
- Attic rooms suitable for conversion to further accommodation, subject to PP
- Suitable for B&B, holiday letting or residential dwelling, subject to PP
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Guests entrance porch leading to :-
DINING / BREAKFAST ROOM
Beamed ceiling, double glazing, views over River Lyn, carpet, radiator heating
Tiled walls and floor, separate entrance from front, 4 hob electric oven, boiler, stainless steel single drainer sink, stainless steel wash hand basin, eye and base units, worktops, view over River Lyn, rear staircase with flagstone steps
Landing with carpet, cupboard with water tank, toilet with low level w.c. and wash hand basin, door access to rear garden steps, former bathroom now store room
16`10 x 9`7 (5.15m x 2.90m) Double / twin, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, dual aspect, views over River Lyn, 3 piece en-suite shower room
15`7 x 10`4 (4.75m x 3.15m) Double / twin, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, views over River Lyn, 3 piece en-suite shower room
LOUNGE / POTENTIAL BEDROOM
12`3 x 10`5 (3.75m x 3.15m) Carpet, double glazing, dual aspect, views over River Lyn
Accessed from 3 different staircases and 2 x cleaning cupboards
11`1 x 10`10 (3.35m x 3.30m) Double / twin, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, views over River Lyn, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
11`1 x 10`11 (3.35m x 3.30m) Double / twin, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, views over River Lyn, 3 piece en-suite shower room
11`8 x 11`3 (3.55m x 3.40m) Double / twin, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, views over River Lyn, 3 piece en-suite shower room
ATTIC ROOM 1
23`1 x 12`2 (7.05m x 3.70m) under eaves storage
ATTIC ROOM 2
11`10 x 10`9 (3.60m x 3.25m) under eaves storage
To the rear of the property is a terraced garden area leading up the hill. At the top is a plateau with an area to sit and enjoy views over the village, Lynmouth harbour and Bay. Opposite the property is a small parcel of land with parking for 3 vehicles as well as an additional small garden area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
Watersmeet Road is the main arterial road leading up to the steeped wooded valley to Watersmeet. The property is located close to Lynmouth's main car / coach park and is therefore a short walk from the village centre.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Having originally been three cottages the property is of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof with rendered elevations to the front and rear. At present the property is configured as a 5 bedroomed (all en-suite) B&B with lounge, kitchen and dining / breakfast room. Each of the bedrooms and reception rooms face the River Lyn and enjoy the views and sounds of this famous river. There are further spaces by way of 2 attic rooms which it is thought could be utilised as further private accommodation if desired, subject to PP. To the rear of the property is a garden area which leads from the property up the hill and to a plateau at the top where views over Lynmouth village, harbour and Bay can be enjoyed. Unusually for Lynmouth the property does have the benefit of 3 private car parking spaces on a small parcel of land located opposite the property. Although a B&B at present, new owners may wish to use the property as a single dwelling which could be achieved subject to PP.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest. It should be noted that there is Japanese Knotweed present in part of the rear garden which has been routinely sprayed by the Local Authority.
Having been in our clients ownership for approximately 25 years, it was last operated as a B&B in 2015 due to ill health. It is thought new owners may wish to re-establish a Bed and Breakfast trade or offer the whole property as a holiday let.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.