6 Bedroom Guest House, with Car Parking, in Popular Location close to the Famous Valley of Rocks Tourist Destination
- Located within popular Exmoor village, short level walk from Village centre
- 5 refurbished en-suite letting bedrooms and new kitchen within past 4 years
- Front and rear gardens, private gravelled car parking
- Operated 9 months per year through owners choice on B&B basis only
- Ideal husband and wife / partnership lifestyle change business with no staffing required
THE ACCOMMODATION in brief (comprises)
ENTRANCE/ CONSERVATORY PORCH
This provides access to both front and rear and provides storage for walking boots, coats etc. From here the main half glazed entrance front door to the property opens on to;
INNER ENTRANCE VESTIBULE:
Original quarry tiled flooring, radiator heating, wall mounted outside lights control, stained glass panel and door way to the inner hallway .
Matching tiled flooring to the vestibule, high level flush WC, wash hand basin, radiator heating
Doors to lounge, breakfast room and kitchen, open reception with storage above and below
14`0 x 14`0 (4.25 m x 4.25 m) Casement windows to front elevation and feature curved seating. One of the main features of this room is the original brass featured fireplace with inset ceramic surround and decorative styled Inglenook area over, radiator heating
14`3 x 14`0 (4.35 m x 4.25 m) Casement bow shaped window to front elevation with window seats, original cast iron fire insert with ceramic surround and hardwood mantle, table and chair covers for 12, 2 x radiator heating
Remodelled and installed in 2015, eye and base and wall units, tiled splash back, rolled edged work surfaces over, preparation worktop with base units, 5 hob induction oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, drinks chiller, radiator heating, 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink unit, stainless steel wash hand basin, dishwasher, water heater, adjoining utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, boiler, eye and base units, worktop
Landing with sash casement window to rear elevation and radiator heating
11`8 x 10`3 (3.55 m x 3.10 m) Currently utilised as owners private bedroom, double room, wrought iron feature fireplace, radiator heating, casement window, storage cupboard to rear. This room has the benefit of private facilities on the opposite side of the landing which consist of a separate cloakroom with low level WC and an additional separate bathroom that has a panelled bath with shower over and a wash hand basin
14`0 x 14`0 (4.25 m x 4.25 m) Double / Twin / Family room, double aspect with casement windows to both front and side elevation, wrought iron and tiled fireplace, radiator heating, en-suite shower room with low level w.c, wash hand basin, tiled shower cubicle, radiator heating
14`0 x 13`0 (4.25 m x 3.95 m) Double room, feature wallpaper, casement window, original wrought iron fireplace with tiled surround, radiator heating, en-suite shower room with low level w.c, wash hand basin, shower cubicle, radiator heating
Landing with hatch access to loft space (part boarded) and storage cupboard off
11`9 x 8`0 (3.60 m x 2.45 m) Double room, radiator heating, exposed beams, casement windows, built-in wardrobe, wrought iron fireplace, en-suite shower room (replaced in 2018) with low profile double shower tray and screen, low level w.c, wash hand basin
13`0 x 10`0 (3.95 m x 3.05 m) Double room, casement window, radiator heating, en-suite shower room with corner shower, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
15`0 x 10`0 (4.55 m x 3.05 m) Double / Twin / Family room, double aspect room with casement windows to both front and side elevation, radiator heating, exposed beam, wrought iron original fireplace, en-suite bathroom with low level w.c, wash hand basin, bath with shower over, radiator heating, Velux window
To the front of the property there is a small well maintained wall enclosed front garden, area of lawn with flowering and shrub borders, pea shingle pathways. The rear of the property has another wall enclosed garden immediately abutting the back of the property with area of lawn, fish pond with rockery around and small raised decked seating area. A hardwood entrance gate gives access to the parking for approximately 4/5 vehicles. There are 2 brick built shed storage areas both of which are currently used for storage.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
These quiet, unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor National Park. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
The property is located within part of the village known as Longmead, which is situated between the village centre and the famous Valley of Rocks. Longmead connects to Lee Road which is the main arterial road through the village, where there are a host of facilities and amenities within the immediate vicinity including restaurants, bars, tea rooms, shops and the famous funicular railway.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being an end of terrace three storey Edwardian property under a pitched slate roof with predominantly rendered elevations. To the front and rear of the property are walled garden areas with private car parking for 4 / 5 vehicles. Many period features can be found in the property including quarry tiled floors, stained glass windows, exposed beams and original fireplaces and surrounds. The ground floor provides guests lounge, breakfast room, kitchen and conservatory entrance with dual front and rear entrance. The first and second floors provide 6 bedrooms, 5 x en-suite (utilised as letting rooms) and 1 x private facilities (utilised as owners bedroom). During the past 5 years a number of improvements and works have been undertaken including the refurbishment of the letting bedrooms including new bedroom furniture, remodelling and installation of a new kitchen as well as the externally with the re-rendering of the property. There are also 2 wi-fi connections, one for guests use and one for owners use as well as USB charging point and smarts TV's in a number of the rooms.
Our clients are invited offers for the Freehold interest.
Our clients have operated the business for nearly 5 years. The property is for sale due to pending retirement. Turnover from 2017 to 2018 was £63,000. The current trading period could be extended. Included within the sale is the businesses website www.thedenes.com, which is also linked to an on line booking system. Successful Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts could be made available within the aforementioned SM rules.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a full inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.