Town Centre Bar on Local Circuit with Owners Accommodation - Free of Tie - £11,000 pa
- Prominent corner sited premises - Free of tie
Ideal first venture into licensed trade
Increasing business, with potential for a variety of trading styles e.g. wine bar, sports bar, real ale house, restaurant etc
Open trading area overlooking street scene
Owners one bedroom apartment above
Suitable for both daytime and evening trade
Low cost base, rent £11,060 per annum for both commercial and domestic parts
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
40'4 x 16'7 max (12.30m x 5.05m) Concertina double doors providing an open aspect onto street level. Cream buff and blue floor tiling, mahogany return bar servery with brass hand and foot rail, slate counter, marble pillars supporting glass grantee, spotlighting, mirrored optic racks and rail, 3 x double chiller cabinets, glass washer, fruit machine, digital juke box, stainless steel wash hand basin, CCTV, till. Deco style up lighting, gas flame effect fire with wrought iron surround and hearth, ceiling cornice and ceiling rose, TV, table and chair seating, bar stool seating
44'0 x 13'0 (13.40m x 3.95m) Wood flooring, flat screen TV, spotlighting, table and chair seating, sofas, darts board, tiled open tread stairway to :-
Hallway with wainscot walls, tiled floor
3 urinals, wash hand basin, 2 low level w.cs, tiled floor and walls
2 low level w.cs, wash hand basin, tiled floor and walls
Assorted cooling equipment, strip lighting, rear delivery access
Hallway with carpet, radiator heating
10`10 X 10`7 (3.30 m x 3.20 m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, fitted wardrobe
Three piece showroom with tiled walls and floor
LOUNGE / DINER
17`5 x 12`9 (5.30 m x 3.90 m) Fireplace with electric fire and wood surround, marble effect hearth, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing
Tiled floor, eye and base units, gas hob, electric oven, gas boiler, stainless steel single drainer sink unit, double glazing, plumbing for washing machine
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
Lacey’s is on the busy junction which connects Bridgeland Street, Mill Street and Chingswell Street. There are a variety of commercial operators in the immediate vicinity including office, retail and leisure users with residential accommodation close by and throughout the Town Centre.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a prominent corner sited premises, the property is of stone construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof with rear servicing to cellarage. The ground floor provides an open plan fit out with steps leading up to a raised seating area with a flat screen TV and darts area. The front offers double concertina doors offering an open on-street aspect. To maximise the trading areas, the toilets, cellarage and one bedroomed owner’s accommodation is at first floor level. It is thought the premises is suitable for a wide variety of trading styles such as sports bar, wine bar or alternative uses including restaurant.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest.
The operation of the business is currently undertaken by staff due to our client having other work commitments, as such a more "hands on" operator could significantly reduce the wage bill of 5 staff currently employed (1 full time and 4 part time). Turnover for yearend 2017 was £138,000 which was derived from wet sales alone. Operating hours are 4pm - 11pm Mon- Wed, midday to midnight Thurs - Sun. The venue is home to 4 x darts teams, with a weekly quiz and fortnightly live music organised. It is thought new operators could introduce alternative trading styles if they wish such as sports / team bar, wine bar, live music venue etc.
Being an assignment of the existing 12 year lease with approximately 6 years remaining at a current rent of £11,060 per annum. It should be noted there is a deposit of £2,375 which would be lodged with the Landlords on completion.
All of the current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment. It should be noted that part of the trade inventory are retained as Landlords fixtures and fittings.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £8,750 Rates Payable: £4,104 based on uniformed business rate of 46.9p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.