Beachside Adventure Golf Course and Amusement Park - Prime Coastal Village Resort Location - Highly Profitable Trade
- 0.5 acre site, fronting 3 roads and located in the village centre of this premium beachside resort, adjacent to car park and beach
- 18 hole adventure golf course with pirate theming, bridges, background music, waterfall fed pond having been subject to considerable capital expenditure
- Amusements including bumper boats, quads, diggers, aqua blaster, formula junior cars and a variety of ride ons
- Kiosk serving ice creams, waffles, hot and cold drinks, slushies
- Considerable business and highly profitable trade
- Rare opportunity to acquire a leisure business in such a prime location
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
The site extends to just under 0.5 acres with well tended and landscaped grounds.
18 hole pirate themed golf with bridges, masts, statues, background music, waterfall fed pond, Astroturf greens and rock themed landscaping
With twin hatch server for tokens, golf and club return. coffee machine, drinks fridge, water boiler, waffle machine, ice cream machine. OFFICE / STOCKROOM, TOILET, SHOWER
Self service with 3 twin slushie machines
2 ride on diggers, Swiss SB International
SURF PATROL QUADS
Adults and children, 3 quads, Sela Cars Italy
FORMULA JUNIOR CARS
For children up to 12 years old, 4 cars, Sela Cars Italy
Adults and children, 4 boats, Sela Cars Italy
ANIMAL RIDE ON
Children up to 5 years old, 3 x animals, Sela Cars Italy
REMOTE CONTROL VEHICLES
4 cars, Tornado International
Assorted ride on vehicles
Raised decked seating area and additional seating within amusement grounds with 9 picnic style tables and benches
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Woolacombe is well known as a very popular destination for family holidays, thanks to its long sandy beach (consistently recognised by bodies such as TripAdvisor as one of the best in the UK), good surf, range of family amusements, and natural beauty. Though this large village’s resident population is small at around 1,000, a very healthy year-round tourist trade helps support a range of businesses including independent shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants, and Woolacombe continues to attract large amounts of investment. North Devon’s commercial centre of Barnstaple is just 12 miles away, and the notable towns and villages of Ilfracombe (5 miles) and Croyde (4 miles) are also nearby. A bus service runs from Woolacombe to Barnstaple, Ilfracombe, Combe Martin and Mortehoe.
Funder Island adventure golf and amusement park is situated in the heart of Woolacombe Village, fronting 3 roads, making it nearly impossible for visitors not to pass the site. The business overlooks the famous Woolacombe beach and is adjacent to The Esplanade car park.
Comprising of just under 0.5 acres, the business fronts 3 roads, with pedestrian access off both West Road and Barton road. The business has been in the same ownership for the past 12 years with considerable capital expenditure having been spent to create the 18 hole adventure golf course which was originally 9 holes in 2010 and extended to 18 in 2014. Further capital expenditure has been spent on the theming and infrastructure of the business including individual charging stations for each ride for ease of management and maintenance. The aim of the owners is to provide a fun, clean, well maintained and imaginatively landscaped surroundings for customers which includes bridges, waterfalls, pond, masts as well as assorted tracks and pools for the various amusement rides. Within the centre of the amusement park is the main kiosk which has a golf entrance and exit servery as well as a drinks, ice cream and snacks servery.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of the business including the balance of the 25 year Parish Council lease, at a current rent of £15,400 per annum.
Having been in the same ownership for the past 12 years the business is generally operated by one of the owners with the assistance of 1-2 members of staff. The business opens at 10am with closing in the summer months between 9pm – 10pm. Currently the business is open Easter – October half term 7 days per week, with February being weekends only and then closed for the remainder of the year. Adventure golf is charge per person whilst the amusement rides are operated on a token basis which are purchased from the on-site kiosk which also serves waffles, hot and cold drinks, ice creams as well as a self service slushie machine. The business operates with a substantial net profit, with yearend 2021 expected to show the best figures during our clients tenure. More information is available to serious parties following inspection.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with a detailed inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.