Located on the edge of Barnstaple Town, is a disused Catholic Church which is on the market with Commercial and Business specialists JD Commercial. Located in Higher Church Street the site and former church is close to the Town's bus station and a level walk from the Town Centre. In total the site size is 0.13 acres with the church foot print being 2,139 sq.ft (199 sq.m) with an additional first floor gallery and a crypt underneath the main congregation hall. The crypt is segregated into a number of chambers originally for burial purposes although nothing was buried within the crypt as the late Victorians considered it may not be suitable for hygiene purposes! The property was originally constructed in 1844 and was probably designed by Gideon Boyce of Tiverton and then completed by local architect RD Gould. In more recent times the Catholic Church constructed a new purpose built facility next door and as such the former church has remained unused for a number of years. Freehold and Leasehold proposals are being invited, with subject to planning propositions considered upon merit. For further information, plans etc agents JD Commercial can be contacted on 01237 424053 or via www.jd-commercial.co.uk.